Looking for the best hiking trails in the world?
Then you’re in the right place!
This page features some of the most beautiful hiking trails you’ll ever encounter, with a mix of unforgettable one day hikes (like Mount Van Hoevenberg and Mount Marcy, the highest peak in New York), incredible treks done over a number of days (like the Mohare Danda Trek in Nepal), true bucket list adventures (like the Inca Trail, a UNESCO World Heritage Site), and world famous hiking trails (like Mount Kilimanjaro, the tallest mountain in Africa).
On that note, let’s start planning your next hiking trip.
Best Hikes In The US
Looking for incredible hiking trails in the USA? These guides can help!
Best Hikes In New York
If you’re looking to go hiking in New York, you’re in the right place.
Best Hikes In Colorado
Check out some of the best hiking trails in Colorado.
Best Hikes In Europe
These guides share the best hiking trails in Europe.
Best Hikes In South America
Looking for the best hiking trails in South America? You’ll love these!
Best Hikes In Central America
Check out some of the best hiking trails in Central America.
Best Hikes In Asia
Check out some of the best hiking trails in Asia.
Best Hikes In The Caribbean
Explore the islands through these epic Caribbean hiking trails.
Best Hikes In Africa
Connect with nature by embarking on some of Africa’s best hiking trails.
Best Hikes In The Middle East
Explore natural beauty by doing some of these best Middle East hiking trails.
These inspiring hiking experience stories will make you want to go out and hit the trail!
Looking for hiking advice? These guides can help!
Best Hikes Worldwide FAQ
Below, find answers to frequently asked questions about the topic of the best hikes in the world.
Q: What is the most famous walking trail in the world?
Some of the world’s most famous hiking trails include:
- Everest Base Camp, the world’s highest peak and a true bucket list adventure.
- Tour du Mont Blanc, one of the most popular long-distance hikes in Europe.
- Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, which allows you to walk the historic path of the Incas.
- Pacific Crest Trail, a National Scenic Trail stretching from Mexico to Canada through the USA via California, Oregon, and Washington.
- West Highland Way, one of the best long-distance trails in Scotland.
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing, the oldest national park in New Zealand and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Q: What is the hardest hike in the world?
A few of the hardest hikes in the world include Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, the Drakensberg Traverse in South Africa, and the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, to name a few.
Q: Is a 10-mile hike long?
This depends on your fitness level, as well as the challenges along the trail. For instance, a flat 10-mile hike will feel much shorter than a 10-mile hike over rugged terrain.
Generally, though, it can be done in a day, though will be longer than your average one-day hike.
Q: What is the longest walk in the world?
The world’s longest hike is the Appalachian Trail, a 2,200-mile multi-day hike — actually, a multi-month hike — that stretches from Springer Mountain in Georgia to Mount Katahdin in Maine in the United States.
Q: What are some of the best coastal hikes in the world?
Some of the world’s best coastal hikes include:
- Path of the Gods Trail in Italy
- Dalmatia Islands Walk in Croatia
- Le Col des Chèvres in Marseille’s Calanques National Park
- Abel Tasman Coast Track in New Zleand
- Pillars of Hercules Trail in Antigua
Q: What are some of the best beginner hikes in the world?
Some of the world’s best hikes for beginners include:
- The King’s Trail in Hawaii
- Mont Rebi Gorge in Catalonia
- Lake Bled Loop in Slovenia
- Sundance Canyon in Canada
- Seal Haul Out on Long Island
- Riesling Trail in Australia’s Clare Valley; the entire trail is 22 miles, but you can simply do a portion for an easy and scenic hike that also includes wine stops
Q: What are some of the best long-distance hikes in the world?
There are so many incredible long-distance trails, though the top options will depend on what you’re looking for exactly.
In my opinion, some of the best multi-day hikes in the world include:
- Nepal’s Mohare Danda
- Lycian Way in Turkey
- Munnar to Suryanelli in India
- Mount Toubkal in Morocco
- Chilkoot Trail in Canada
Q: What are some of the best day hikes in the world?
If you enjoy day hiking, a few of many incredible trails around the world include:
- Mt Whitney in California (the highest mountain in the continental USA!)
- Table Mountain in South Africa
- The Lakes Trail in California’s Sequoia National Park
- Wadi Dana Trail in Jordan
- Mt. Marcy in the Adirondacks (New York’s highest peak!)
What would you add to this list of best hiking trails in the world?
Enjoyed this post on hiking trails around the world? Pin it for later!