Hi! I’m Jessica Festa, but you can call me Jessie.
Since my tagline is "Taking you beyond the guidebook," I showcase brands in an atypical way, as I love to empower people to travel solo in places they wouldn't expect to, introducing the lesser-known personality of a location, and highlighting alternative ways to use products.
The blog receives over 40,000 unique visitors and over 59,000 pageviews per month from 210 countries with over 40,000 followers on social media like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube (Main Channel) / YouTube (Travel ASMR), Facebook, and Google+.
I’m also the founder of the responsible tourism and culture magazine Epicure & Culture (33,000+ unique visitors; 43,000+ pageviews) so my brand partners have the added benefit of having content shared across this platform and its social media channels, as well.
During our brand partnership, you can expect:
I’m a professionally trained photographer, and even run photo tours in NYC, and I understand the difference between thoughtful composition vs taking a quick pic without intention. I’m constantly seeking out interesting actions, important details and moments that tell a story.
Because I’ve been travel blogging since 2011, over the years I’ve formed a solid relationship with her readers. I know which topics interest them (and which don't), so I’m able to take a brand goal and turn it into an organic story that will genuinely interest readers.
We can partner on lots of things like Press Trips, Influencer Campaigns, Content Creation, Native Advertising Brand Ambassadorship, Travel Itinerary Planning, Photo shoots, Giveaways Blog Consulting, Public Speaking, Promotional Campaigns. Have your own idea? I’m always open to new partnerships!
Jessie travels solo 85% of the time, and creates guides focused on these experiences to help others hit the road solo.
From cycling through India to swimming with sharks in the Galapagos, Jessie loves getting her adrenaline pumping.
With these you'll get personal reflections and insights, sometimes moving other times humorous, from life on the road and in NYC.
These guides take you “beyond the guidebook” to have quirky and lesser-known experiences.
I’m passionate about ethical tourism & is Media Network Coordinator for Travel+SocialGood.
I’m a native New Yorker. While I roam globally, I have a particular love for NYC and is an expert (and tour guide!) in the destination.
My readers enjoy learning about experiences that enhance both their vacations, and their minds and bodies.
Does your app make traveling simpler? Do you offer a non-travel gadget with a unique travel use? These types of stories resonate with my readers.
Travel (if needed) and Paypal fees not included.
Advertising: Sponsored Post/Giveaway: $550/year
Want to reach a wider audience with your message? I love working with brands focused on empowering solo female travelers, encouraging wanderers to go deeper with their cultural exploration and helping vagabonds approach tourism more responsibly. We'll work together to create sponsored content that's a natural extension of the Jessie on a Journey brand, so that it truly resonates with readers.
- Price is based on client writing the post
- $350/year if Jessie writes
- Discounts available for multiple posts purchased (including on Epicure & Culture)
- Posts spend time on blog homepage
- Links are "nofollow," as is Google's policy
- Price includes sharing on Twitter & Pinterest
- Giveaways incur an additional $200 charge for additional promotion on Instagram, Facebook, extra Tweets & a Facebook widget
Want high resolution versions of my photographs to use for marketing purposes? I offer a commerical license of my images for digital and print marketing purposes.
- If you purchase a Maximum Exposure, Press Trip or Social Media Maven package, commercial license images are $250/image, $1000 for five images and $2000 for 10 images
- If you did not purchase a package but would like commercial photography, please contact me for a custom quote
Social Media Maven: $1000/all
- Instagram: $200/share; $550 for 3 shares
- Facebook: $150/share; $300 for 3 shares
- Twitter: $150 for 8 shares
- Each share includes high resolution imagery and tagging of the client
- 1 Instagram/day tagging the client
- 1 Facebook/day tagging the client
- 3 Tweets/day tagging the client
- 1 blog post
- Syndication of post on Epicure & Culture
- Option to add a giveaway
- Rights to syndicate these blogs posts on the client's blog
- Note: 4-day minimum (or $1,500+) required
- $300/ additional day (including travel days)
- $500 for original 800-1200 blog post for client blog with photos
- $500 for video creation (including landscape & square versions)
- $200/day for Instagram Takeover (including a shoutout on my channel announcing the takeover)
Maximum Exposure: $1,500/campaign
- Narrative blog post based on Jessie's experiences with the product/service
- 1 Facebook share tagging client
- 1 Instagram share tagging client
- 3 Tweets tagging the client
- Facebook & Twitter sharing of the post tagging client
- Syndication on Epicure & Culture
- Option to add a giveaway
- Includes additional sharing of the post across social media with client tagged"
- +$250/day to add a giveaway
Storytelling is my jam, and I love creating engaging blog, photography and video content for travel and lifestyle brands. Past and past present clients include Marriott, EVEN Hotels, InterContinental Hotels Group, Hotel Indigo, Mastercard, RoamRight Travel Insurance and General Motors, to name a few.
- Starting price for article up to 650 words
- Final price dependent on word count if original photography/videography needed
- Includes sharing of published post on Twitter
We are pleased that she continues to find ways for South Australia to fit in additional story opportunities—even years after she completed the press trip.
We’ve been very impressed with the creative approach to Jessica’s storytelling, especially in capturing such a diverse region as South Australia. The diversity of angles, as well as the number of stories produced, has exceeded our expectations. From only a handful of days of touring in South Australia, we are delighted that Jessica had found many ways to produce thoughtful stories and capture the personalities and companies involved whom she visited.
- South Australia Tourism Commission
In fact I’ve never received as much coverage from one writer in my entire 14-year career in travel media relations!
Hosting Jessica Festa on the Sunshine Coast of BC was not only a pleasure but it resulted in a ton of coverage for our region. Less then 24 hours after our press trip ended Jessica had already posted her first blog. Her second followed shortly after and then her third and fourth and over the following year they just kept coming. I really appreciate Jessica’s hard work and professionalism and I would host her anywhere, any time!
- Andrea Wickham-Foxwell, My BC Buzz
Her post resulted in traffic to our site and brought confidence to those who were curious about the unique retreat!
Finding Jessica (Jessie on a Journey) and inviting her to cover our first Goat Yoga Retreat was a blessing. Jessica was our first experience working with a professional to cover an event and she set the bar high with her professionalism, good company, and her work. She was a pleasure to host and managed cover her experience live, while staying fully immersed in the experience. Her coverage was genuine, personal, and completely in-line with what we were envisioning. We are very proud to share her experience with our clients. We'd love to have her again as a guest and a colleague. She comes highly recommended by Gilbertsville Farmhouse.
- Sharon Boustani, Gilbertsville Farmhouse
She went above and beyond what was discussed, and access to her stunning imagery was a nice touch.
Hosting Jessica on a wellness-focused influencer FAM in Myrtle Beach was a great decision! From start to finish, she was a pleasure to work with — clearly outlining deliverables that matched our objectives, being a hassle-free team player throughout the planning process and during the trip, and staying in close contact afterward regarding results.
- Julie Ellis, PR & Communications Manager, Visit Myrtle Beach/Myrtle Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
From Facebook lives to coverage immediately after trip, this girl knows how to hustle.
Jessie came highly recommended for a press trip to Dominican Republic and she did not disappoint! I was so impressed by her professionalism, kindness and unstoppable drive for promoting sustainable tourism. Jessie was enthusiastic about meeting new people, appreciating the culture and asking questions. She went above and beyond to help tell the story of Dominican Republic. I cannot say enough great things about Jessie and hope I can work with her again!
- Bridget Tishler, Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism
She respects her audience and only recommends the best. That can easily be seen with every new productive campaign that we run – more people sign-up for our service.
At Connectify, we make the Internet better with technology for travelers. Jessica makes travelers’ lives easier. It’s a perfect match! Being the new super-smart “kid” in the neighborhood can be tough, especially if you do things that others cannot do. Speedify, our mobile VPN solution, needed exposure on specific audiences, including travelers. The fact we like most about Jessica is her natural way of writing the stories based on tests and facts.
- Cristian Miculi – Performance Marketing Manager, Connectify
It is clear Jessie has a lot of experience in blogging and internet marketing related topics.
I worked with Jessie on a branded marketing exercise for Marriott International over the course of a few months last year. In that time, I found Jessie to be extremely reliable, polite, professional and hardworking. A high standard of work was always delivered and always produced within the agreed time frame. This was particularly apparent post activity, when an extremely detailed breakdown of all the activities that had be undertaken was delivered – all to a very high standard. I would highly recommend working with Jessie and would happily partner with her on future projects.
- Euan Taylor, DigitasLB
Her content was well received and her piece on the Ukrainian Cultural Village was nominated for an award at the annual Travel Alberta conference.
We had a chance to bring Jessie in for a campaign for our Explore Edmonton campaign. We would highly recommend Jessie and gladly welcome her back for future campaigns.
- Pete Heck of Hecktic Media Inc.