Discover unique things to do in NYC
Want to explore new york city like a local, enjoying experiences you won't find in your guidebook?
subscribe to my email list + snag my free guide to NYC!
while the empire state building and times square deserve a visit, if you want to get to know the real nyc you need to go beyond the popular attractions.
which is exactly what this free local guide to new york city will help you do.
just a few highlights from the guide:
Where to get truly creative coffee drinks in NYC -- in beautiful Instagram-worthy spaces, too!
How to get active outdoors, from local kayaking to urban hiking to park foraging and beyond!
How to get off the beaten path to discover the quirkier side of New York City!
Hi, I'm Jessie
My grandma arrived in nyc from Italy, coming through Ellis Island and settling in Queens. i personally have lived in Manhattan and Brooklyn -- and Long Island, which Brooklyn and Queens are on.
I'm passionate about my city, and as a local, travel blogger and a licensed New York City tour guide I love sharing its history, secrets, and stories with others.
A little bit about me:
- I became a licensed tour guide in 2013 after many of my blog readers started asking me to show them around NYC.
- I've been BBC Travel's tour guide for their New York City episode -- twice!
- As a travel blogger, I've worked with renowned brands like Qantas Airways, Mastercard, South African Tourism, Marriott, Tourism Australia and many more.
- I've been featured in top publications like USA TODAY, CNN, Business Insider, and AOL Travel, as well as a web series with Bravo and a featured guest on BBC Travel (TV).
- I've spoken at notable conferences like the Women's Travel Fest, TravelCon, TBEX, New York Travel Festival, iSugar, and FindSpark.