Itineraries For People Who Love Travel
choose your (at home) destination + steal these weekend travel plans:
Fun Travel Plans
Virtual travel experiences, trip-themed games & bucket list experiences in your living room:
Transformative Travel At Home
make a difference in your own life & the lives of others from your couch:
Common questions about traveling at home
Note: Some of the below links are affiliate links to trusted partners I think you'll love!
Q: I'm wondering how to travel at home?
If you're wondering how to travel the world at home, make a list of the ways travel makes you feel, and then do things at home that also make you feel these things.
Q: What are the best ways to spend my vacations at home?
Start by making a list of places and destinations you've always wanted to visit, and then choosing your desired trip location and transforming your living space to resemble it.
For instance, you might buy some travel photography from a national park, pick up some Moroccan-inspired housewares, or hang up some New York street scenes.
Then, choose food recipes and activities that further bring you to that place.
Q: What are some travel-related things you can do that home?
There are so many great travel experiences you can have at home, like:
- Go on a free virtual safari with Explore.org,
- learn to cook from chefs around the world on Skype through The Chef & The Dish,
- spend time binge-watching episodes of Anthony Bourdain travel shows,
- enjoy free virtual tours on YouTube or Google Earth or book one from a tour company,
- go on a virtual road trip (again, YouTube is great for this),
- listen to a travel podcast (or a travel blogging podcast, like mine!),
- take a class or buy a book to learn about a new culture or cultural practice,
- focus on education and learn about travel issues and how you can help make things right,
- learn travel tips for a future vacation,
- connect with travelers from around the world on social media,
- peruse artisan wares through NOVICA, a global online marketplace,
- and more!