I’m extremely passionate about responsible tourism and sustainable living.
And I know how important it is to support brands that truly care about communities and the earth we share as a home.
Here are a few of the sustainable initiatives of Jessie on a Journey:
- Every single piece of content written for Jessie on a Journey — as well as Epicure & Culture and NYC Photo Journeys — is created with sustainable tourism in mind.
- I try my absolute best to do my research and keep content up-to-date, but sometimes there are errors. If you see any brands or experiences mentioned that you feel do not fit this bill please email me at [email protected] so I can investigate.
- 1% of profits from my direct NYC Photo Journeys bookings are donated to 100cameras, a nonprofit that teaches kids how to use storytelling through photography to make lasting change in their community.
- $3 is donated to a New York-based charity for every TripAdvisor review left for my NYC Photo Journeys. In 2019 that charity is Robin Hood, New York City’s largest poverty-fighting organization. This allows me to help make a positive impact in my own community, which is also the community I operate my tours in.
- Additionally, I regularly donate a portion of proceeds from certain Jessie on a Journey course/product promotions to various causes, particularly when situations arise that need immediate attention. A few organizations I have donated to in the past include WIRES Australian Wildlife Rescue and the National Black Justice Coalition, for instance.
- NYC Photo Journeys is a recommended partner of Be Social Change, New York City's largest social impact community helping people find and do purposeful work, connect with like-minded people, and lead more socially-conscious lives.
- I launched an online sustainable tourism magazine, Epicure & Culture, in 2012. Through this publication, I am able to educate people on ethical tourism practices, highlight incredible brands, and help travelers have meaningful and impactful experiences around the world.
- In 2019 I won the Bessie Award at the Women In Travel Summit in the “Ethical Travel” category for my work with Epicure & Culture.
- I helped co-found the Impact Travel Alliance Media Network, a community that harnesses the power of different types of content creators – ranging from traditional journalists to bloggers, social media influencers and more – and provides the platform to match those creatives with relevant brand opportunities, as well as the opportunity for them to collaborate and cross-promote". I am still a member today.
- I am a volunteer for Best Friends Animal Society as well as New York Cares, which helps me further invest in my own community.
- I LOVE working with brands who truly care about sustainable tourism and making a positive impact on the communities they work in. If you’d like to partner, please visit my Work With Me page.