Looking for the best bike rides in the world?
Then you’re in the right place!
This page features some of the most worthwhile and scenic bike rides on the planet.
Explore stunning bike trails in Italy, go downhill mountain biking in Colorado, enjoy a leisurely bike ride over the George Washington Bridge, take a bike tour in Croatia, and partake in some of the best bike tours in the world, to name a few incredible cycling experiences.
On that note, let’s start planning your next bike trip.
- Best Bike Rides In New York
- Best Bike Rides In The USA
- Best Bike Rides In Europe
- Best Bike Rides In South America
- Best Bike Rides In India
- Best Bike Rides In Asia
- Best Bike Rides In The World FAQ
- Q: What are some of the best bike rides in the world?
- Q: What are some of the best easy bike rides in the world?
- Q: What are some of the best mountain bike rides in the world?
- Q: What are the best long bike rides in the world?
- Q: What are the best bike riding destinations in South India?
- Q: Which is the best bike for long rides?
- What would you add to this list of best bike rides in the world?
Best Bike Rides In New York
Looking to go biking in New York? You’ll love these trail guides!
Best Bike Rides In The USA
Looking for the best US bike trails? These guides can help!
Best Bike Rides In Europe
If you’re looking for great bike rides in Europe, you’re in the right place.
Best Bike Rides In South America
Check out some great bike trips in South America.
Best Bike Rides In India
Check out these incredible bike rides in India.
Best Bike Rides In Asia
Looking for cycling routes in Asia? These guides can help!
Best Bike Rides In The World FAQ
Below, find answers to frequently asked questions about the topic of the best cycling routes in the world.
Q: What are some of the best bike rides in the world?
A few of the world’s best cycling routes include:
- Great Divide Mountain Bike Route in North America (from Jasper, Alberta, Canada and Antelope Wells, New Mexico, USA)
- Rim Drive in Crater Lake National Park, Oregon, USA
- Rude Rock Track in Queenstown, New Zealand
- Vista Bike Trail in Forrest, Australia, along the Great Ocean Road
- Cape Town City Bowl in South Africa
- Tai Mo Shan Downhill Mountain Bike Route in Hong Kong
- The Death Road Bike Route in Bolivia, South America
These are just a few of many incredible bike trips around the world!
Q: What are some of the best easy bike rides in the world?
Some of the world’s best easy and flat bike rides include:
- Bass Coast Rail Trail in Gippsland, Victoria, Australia
- Danube Cycle Path in Germany, Austria, Slovakia, and Hungary
- Stanley Park Seawall, a budget-friendly experience in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Cherry Creek Bike Path, one of my personal favorite things to do in Denver, Colorado
- Route Of The Hiawatha Trail in Idaho
- East Bay Bike Path in Rhode Island
- Over the George Washington Bridge, a great place to go cycling in New York
Q: What are some of the best mountain bike rides in the world?
Some of the world’s best mountain bike trails include:
- Death Road in La Paz, Bolivia
- Heaphy Mountain Biking Track in New Zealand
- Rollercoaster Trail in Finale Ligure, an excellent option for biking in Italy
- Seven Summits Trail in Rossland, British Columbia
- Great Divide Mountain Bike Route in the USA & Canada
- Medicine Bow Rail Trail near Owen Lake in Wyoming
Q: What are the best long bike rides in the world?
If you’re looking for great long bike rides, check out:
- Going-To-The-Sun Road (50 miles); if you love riding in National Parks, this stunning route is in Glacier!
- The Jordan Trail in Jordan (373 miles)
- North Sea Cycle Route, which goes across eight countries in Europe (3,692 miles)
- Tour du Mont Blanc, which goes through Switzerland, Italy, and France (106 miles)
- West Coast Wilderness Trail in New Zealand (84 miles)
- La Ruta de los Conquistadores in Costa Rica (250 miles)
- The West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island (47 miles), a great experience is you’re taking a trip to Victoria BC
- The Suncoast Trail (42 miles), a must when you visit Pasco, Florida
Q: What are the best bike riding destinations in South India?
Visit Kerala if you want a great biking destination in Southern India. Here, you can cycle through Vagamon (known as the “Scotland of Asia”), the fragrant Cardamom Trail, and along the culturally-rich Canal Route, to name a few cycling spots.
Q: Which is the best bike for long rides?
When choosing a bike for long rides, consider how you ride, including how you’re most comfortable on a bike, and use that to narrow down your options. Always choose a sturdy and durable bike, since you’ll need it to last.