Frequent fliers may not like what they’re about to hear. Two flight attendants dish some of the dirtiest secrets airlines don’t want you to know:
1) Don’t be surprised to find some carpet in your food. These flight attendants have witnessed airline staff serve food that had fallen on the floor to passengers.
2) If you drink the tap water on board, you may find yourself in the toilet for the rest of the flight. The water isn’t filtered and the tanks are rarely changed, meaning you may become sick after consuming.
3) Confused why your bag weighs so much? Airport scales are often incorrect. To save yourself having to pay a fee, make sure the scale is at 0.00 before the desk agent weighs your bag.
4) Think you’ll be informed of an emergency? Think again. Says one flight attendant to news.com.au, “One time we had a bomb threat on a domestic flight, late at night. We did not inform the passengers. Apparently they (the authorities) did not think it a very credible threat. We landed away from the terminal and were bussed in. We told them there was a problem with the aircraft and that’s why we landed where we did.”
5) Did you know airplane toilets are only properly cleaned once a day? For this reason, wear shoes to the bathroom and wash your hands before exiting.
To read the full story, head to news.com.au