So I’m starting a new series based on my favorite place in the world where I was born, raised and still live: New York! Each week, I’ll be sharing with you something I discovered wandering around the city and its boroughs that I think is unique and worth checking out.
As some of you may have seen, I’ve started leading tours in NYC. The other day I trained for a food tour of Greenwich Village I’ll now occasionally be leading, and discovered possibly the simplest yet most creative thing I’ve ever seen in my life: Munchkin bagels (Munchagels? Bagelkin? Gelmunch?).
Well, they — as in Bantam Bagels — calls them “mini bagel balls,” each filled with an exotic cream cheese or filling. Creator Nick Oleksak, who owns the shop with his wife Elyse, says the idea for the atypical snack came to him in a dream. He grabbed his phone, made a drowsy note to himself and the next day the first batch was made.
There are many flavors to choose from when it comes to Bantam Bagels. Some examples:
- French Toast: Cinnamon nutmeg egg bagel filled with a buttery, maple syrupy cream cheese
- The Bleecker Street: Pizza dough bagel topped with a thin slice of pepperoni. Filled with marinara mozzarella cream cheese
- Everybody’s Favorite: Everything bagel filled with freshly chopped vegetable cream cheese
- Cinnamonster: Cinnamon raisin bagel filled with sweet walnut cream cheese
- Grandma JoJo: talian spiced bagel topped with thinly sliced, marinated tomato filled with fresh basil pesto cream cheese
- The Hangover: Cheddar cheese and egg bagel topped with melted cheddar cheese filled with bacon cheddar cream cheese and a drizzle of maple syrup
And more! They’re constantly being made throughout the day, so these bagel balls are fresh and warm. Tip: Just make sure when you bite into the bagel ball you have the little hole where the filling is squeezed into inside your mouth, or prepare to have it splattered all over you.
Bantam Bagels is located at 283 Bleeker Street in Manhattan.
Have you ever had Bantam Bagels? What were your thoughts?
Want to live your best life through travel?
Subscribe for FREE access to my library of fun blogging worksheets and learn how to get paid to travel more!
THE NEW STRATEGY FOR PROFITABLE TRAVEL BLOGGING
Short on time but eager to learn how to REALLY grow your blogging business? This FREE 5-day email course was made for you.