Jessie on a Journey, founded by Jessica Festa in 2011, is an award-winning solo female, offbeat and adventure travel blog helping road warriors go beyond their guidebooks and have more authentic, meaningful experiences. The site receives over 34,000 unique visitors and over 54,000 pageviews per month from 210 countries with over 20,000 followers on social media.
Jessie on a Journey has a syndication network that includes partners like The Culture-Ist, Business Insider, Insider, The Daily Meal, Travel+SocialGood and more. Jessie is also the founder of the responsible tourism and culture magazine Epicure & Culture (~31,000 unique visitors; ~41,000 pageviews) so partners have the added benefit of having content shared across this platform and its social media channels, as well.
The blog has also been featured in top publications like BuzzFeed, SmarterTravel, Johnny Jet, The Travel Channel, USA TODAY, Frommer’s Travel Show and more. For more information, please visit the Press & Projects page.
Working With Jessie on a Journey
Click here to read partner testimonials
- Press/ Social Media Trips
- Freelance Writing / Copywriting / Content Creation
- Brand Ambassadorship / Partnerships / Advertising
- Travel Itinerary Planning
- Custom NYC Tours & Photo Safaris
- Blog Consulting & Public Speaking
- Photography & Video Creation
- Contest, Giveaway & Event Promotion
- Experiential Reviews of Apps, Products & Services
- Campaign & Event Planning
- ASMR Video Product Placement
- …ideas? Jessie is always open to new partnership ideas.
Solo (Female) Travel: Jessie travels solo 85% of the time, and creates guides focused on these experiences to help others hit the road solo.
Offbeat Guides: These guides take you “beyond the guidebook” (the site’s tag line) to have quirky and lesser-known experiences.
Adventure Travel: From cycling through India for two weeks to hiking the Inca Trail in Peru to swimming with sharks in the Galapagos, Jessie loves getting that adrenaline pumping while also highlighting eco/ethical topics.
Responsible Tourism: No matter where or what travel experiences Jessie is having, her main concern is always traveling responsibly. In fact, she is the founder of the Responsible Travel + Tourism Collective, the founder of the online responsible tourism magazine Epicure & Culture and the Assistant Media Network Coordinator for Travel+SocialGood.
Transformative Travel: Personal reflections and insights, sometimes moving other times humorous, from life on the road and in NYC.
Inspiring Stories: Jessie loves covering not just her own stories, but the inspiring stories of other road warriors, small business owners, artisans and those she meets along the way.
Food & Drink: One of Jessie’s favorite ways to explore a destination is through the food and drink, especially interesting concept eateries. She is a certified sommelier.
Art & Culture: No trip to any destination would be complete without experiencing the local culture. Jessie enjoys featuring immersive cultural experiences in a narrative, enlightening manner.
Route Guides: Jessie enjoys working with responsible tour operators to cover interesting tour routes, creating a series based on the stops and experiences along the way. Some examples include cycling through Kerala, India for two weeks with Kalypso Tours and adventure touring through Central America for three weeks with Intrepid Travel.
Budget Guides: Jessie creates a series of destination guides showcasing the best things to do on a budget while still having a memorable trip.
Technology: Jessie loves creating helpful and focused guides showcasing the hottest tech gear, as well as reviewing the latest apps and gadgets in an experiential manner with lots of high resolution photography.
Travel ASMR: Jessie is the only travel-focused ASMRist on YouTube.
Sample Past Campaigns
Note: Stats listed on each sample campaign page below are sourced from Google Analytics and each social media channel’s respective analytics. These do not take into account syndication/freelance outlet views and organic shares, which would elevate these numbers significantly.
- Hostelworld NYC Campaign (Winter 2017)
- Tully Luxury Travel Campaign (Winter 2017)
- Le Meridien Mexico City Eclair Diaries Campaign (Winter 2016)
- Edmonton Press Trip With High Res Photos Provided (Summer 2016)
- Holiday Inn #JoyOfTravel Downtown Brooklyn Campaign (Summer 2016)
- Holiday Inn #JoyOfTravel Austin Texas Campaign (Summer 2016)
- Washington Square Hotel Stay + Giveaway Spring (Spring 2016)
- Hedgren Bag Blog + Social + Giveaway Campaign (Spring 2016)
- Beside-U Handbags Travel Style Campaign (Winter 2016)
- Rough Guides Sponsored Content (Winter 2015)
- American Greetings #ThankList Twitter Campaign (Winter 2015)
- Olympus #PENWorthy Social Campaign (Winter 2015)
- Audible Twitter Sharing Campaign (Winter 2015)
- Almay #SimplyAmerican Twitter Sharing Campaign (Winter 2015)
- Holiday Inn #JoyOfTravel Detroit Campaign (Winter 2015)
- Lokely App Narrative Review Partnership (Winter 2015)
- #ColoradoLive Denver Campaign (Fall 2015)
- Way To San Jose #IntrepidTravel Campaign (Fall 2015)
- The Seeker Wines #SeekAdventure Campaign (Summer 2015)
- #ViatorMyCity Campaign (Summer 2015)
- #ColoradoLive In Grand County (Summer 2015)
- Israel Tourism Board Press Trip (Spring 2015)
- Azores Tourism Board Press Trip (Spring 2015)
- Big Island Road Trip Campaign (Summer 2014)
- Kenya Travel Tips “Tour Guide” Web Series (Bravo)
- Morocco Travel Tips “Tour Guide” Web Series (Bravo)
- Thailand Travel Tips “Tour Guide” Web Series (Bravo)
While I’ve spoken at numerous conferences and events, here’s an example a speech I gave on blogging & travel at iSugar Live NYC in summer 2016.
Click here for Jessie on a Journey’s rate card.
Get In Touch:
Get in touch with Jessie at jessie (at) jessieonajourney.com, or by using the form below.