By Jessie on a Journey; Sponsored by Best Of Vegas
When visiting Sin City, a must-have experience is seeing some of the Las Vegas shows. And that goes for whether you like going off the beaten path or doing the popular tourist things, as the entertainment of the Strip blends many different worlds, from wholesome to surreal and beyond.
Enter BestOfVegas.com, a platform for researching and booking shows, hotels, tours, attractions and nightlife at competitive prices with no credit card fees. Budget travelers will also enjoy their Deals section for discounted experiences. Below you’ll find some awesome Las Vegas shows not to miss, all of which can be booked on their website.
1. Olivia Newton John (The Flamingo). For many of us, Olivia Newton John is an important part of our childhood memories. I mean, saying you didn’t love Grease is like saying you don’t love ice cream or cheese. The superstar hasn’t lost her touch, and this show is sure to have you singing and dancing in your seat as she belts out crowd favorites like “Hopelessly Devoted to You” and “You’re the One That I Want.” On a fun side note, check out these 21 things you didn’t know about Grease. I think you’ll be surprised with the list!
2. VEGAS! The Show (Saxe Theater Miracle Mile Planet Hollywood). When perusing Las Vegas shows, why not choose one that’s about, well, Vegas? You’ll take an entertaining trip through Las Vegas history, with performances by Elvis and Elton John impersonators as well as Strip icons like Vegas Vic and Sassy Sally — not to mention big stars of today showing off their talents.
3. David Copperfield (MGM Grand David Copperfield Theatre). We all need a little magic in our lives. At David Copperfield’s Las Vegas show you’ll get a lot of it. Hey, this is the guy that made the Statue of Liberty disappear! Instead of distracting you with scantily clad females and flashing lights he amazes with an array of illusions. Maybe you’ll be the lucky audience member to be magically transported with Copperfield himself to a Hawaiian beach? Note: This show tends to sell out, so buy your tickets in advance!
4. Absinthe (Caesars Palace Spiegel Tent). As many of your know I’m a big fan of absinthe, though this show is really more about showcasing an eccentric blend of variety show, circus acts and cabaret. Equal parts naughty, bizarre and shocking, it’s the type of show full of topless dancing, tightrope walking and other acts that make you think “Yepp, I’m in Vegas!” Another reason to see Absinthe: folding chairs surround the stage getting you very close to the action!
5. The Beatles™ LOVE™ by Cirque du Soleil® (LOVE Theater at the Mirage). I’ve never seen a Cirque du Soleil show I didn’t love. Watching these insanely talented dancers twist and contort their bodies into unbelievable positions while flying through the air or dangling from the ceiling always astounds me. The group is especially popular in Sin City, with a number of Las Vegas shows to choose from. My pick: The Beatles LOVE which not only tells the Beatles’ story, but also has some of their best and most infectious songs. To get you excited, check out this list of fun facts about the performance company.
What are your favorite Las Vegas shows? Please share in the comments below!
A big thank you to Best of Vegas for sponsoring this post and supporting Jessie on a Journey!
The Ultimate Packing List + Infographic [Blog Inspiration]
Clever Travel Companion Pickpocket-Proof Garments [Travel Safety]
Las Vegas: Then & Now [Great Reads]